It's Friday! Not only that, it's a holiday weekend, and we all know what that means - indulgences! Everyone has plans and parties and most of them revolve around eating and drinking. What do you do if you want to enjoy yourself but not end up bloated, sluggish, feeling crappy, and having to re-start your health & fitness goals after the weekend?? I mean, that's the worst! You work so hard and then throw it all away on a 3 day binge? One meal won't derail you, but 3 DAYS WILL! So here are my top tips for getting through it without major regret on the other side.
1. Start with a workout. I got mine in this morning! It's a great way to start the day, and you are more likely to make healthy choices if you feel good, strong, and energetic from a workout. You'll boost your metabolism and start with some calorie burn.
2. I will be drinking my Shakeology every day! Even if I have a day where I eat something not so healthy, I still have peace of mind that I had ONE healthy meal that day packed full of nutrients & superfoods.
3. DRINK LOTS OF WATER! Like it’s a sport. Every day. Half your body weight in ounces is ideal. So, even if you do have a few drinks you’re hydrating which is a big part of your health.
4. Watch portions. Try not to over-eat! If you are honest with yourself, it actually feels terrible to be stuffed! Yes, the food tastes good, but the stomach-ache afterwards is not worth it! Sample & taste a little bit here and there, but eat slowly so you can tell when you are getting full. If you feel like you have to "rest" after eating, you ate too much! The entire point of food is to provide your body with energy - if it's not doing that, you are eating too much or the wrong thing!
5. Plan outdoor activities/exercise. Hiking, stand-up paddleboarding, biking, swimming, kayaking, and even just lots of walking are all really great ways to have fun, hang out with your friends and family, and still keep moving!
Also, REST. Spend one day catching up on sleep or relaxing with your loved ones. Your body needs recovery just as much as it need exercise and stress wreaks havoc on your body and stalls weight loss.