Yesterday was my travel day to Texas to see my parents for Thanksgiving. It's always difficult to eat healthy in airports. Here are my tips:
1. Start your day off right. This morning I had my Shakeology so I know I've got my healthiest meal of the day in.
2. Skip the bread. I picked up this Torta at Frontera in the O'Hare airport. It came normally as a sandwich on a hunk of white bread that was honestly as big as an entire loaf. I asked for it "breadless" and saved myself a few hundred calories.
3. Practice portion control. When you know your food isn't 100% up to clean eating standards, it's extra important to make sure you don't overeat.
4. Go for protein and fiber. Both help you feel full. I have to take it easy on the fiber because of my Crohn's, but this bowl of meat and black beans was perfect.
5. Get your veggies in where you can. This dish came with pickled red onions. Delish.
6. Skip the extras and the creamy sauces. I could have doused this in sour cream and cheese, but you know what? It was just as good without.
7. Last but not least, watch your beverages. Just drink water!